This class is designed to prepare you and your family to survive an urban disaster, either natural or manmade. Hands-on instruction focuses on both short-term situations ranging from 24 to 72 hours as well as long-term survival resulting from a grid-down situation or pandemic. This class is held indoors and involves lecture, gear demonstrations, small-group activities, and individual planning exercises. It is designed to take you from drafting a family or personal emergency plan to what implementation should look like and the critical survival gear needed along the way.
- Survival psychology and the mindset of successful survivors
- When to stay put in your home and when to bail out
- Food and water storage recommendations and the 6 key areas of home preparation
- Pre-disaster planning and establishing rendezvous points with family members
- Local, regional, and statewide evacuation strategies
- How to construct a personal Bail-Out Bag (BOB) for the home, office, and vehicle
- Water purification methods
- Urban survivor’s first-aid kit
- Sanitation & hygiene issues
- Communication methods and tips for getting in touch with separated family members
- Equipping your vehicle for roadside survival
Date: May 5, 2018 (1 day). Class runs from 10 am to 4 pm with a short break for lunch.
Needs: Participants need to bring their own lunch, water, and notebook.
Cost: $125 for non-members
Location: This course is hosted by the Scottsdale Gun Club.
Registration: For more information and to register, click here.