An Outdoor Survival Book by Tony Nester
This is the second book in the Practical Survival Series which focuses on the specific skills needed for desert survival and safety. Few books on desert survival have ever contained such detailed examples of the fundamental skills necessary for traveling and hiking in the land of little water. Containing over 30 photos and a wealth of field-expedient methods related to arid land survival, this book is an excellent outdoor guide for the first-time visitor or veteran desert explorer.
Skills highlighted in this outdoor survival book are featured on the Discovery Channel’s special where Tony served as the consultant during survival training in Death Valley.
Desert Survival Tips, Tricks, & Skills will show you how to:
- Cope with heat stress and help prevent heat-related injuries
- Avoid desert hazards such as flash floods and dangerous plants like cholla and agave
- Locate and procure water in seemingly barren regions
- Understand your water needs and stay hydrated in extreme heat
- Outfit your vehicle for backcountry travel
- Avoid venomous creatures such as snakes and scorpions
- Signal for Rescue
- Construct a variety of desert shade shelters
Now Available on DVD
Desert Survival DVD
Based on Tony’s popular book by the same name, this 2-hour DVD covers a wealth of practical survival skills and strategies for coping with the heat of the desert. Learn the lifesaving skills that can be applied on your next desert outing, hike in the Grand Canyon, or slickrock adventure.
This DVD is available on Tony’s author page on Amazon.